Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Next Best Thing

I am at a place in my life where all I am doing is waiting. Simply standing on a pier looking out at the horizon, asking what it can give me.  I am waiting for the next place to arrive at, but I'm not walking there. It's like driving in a car, but having no idea how long it's going to take to get where your going. But, the funny thing is is that you have no idea where your going. So all you can do is wait. I realized I'm done waiting. If I'm ever going to find happiness I can't just wait for it. I have to search for it. What ever form this joy may come in I have to be the one to pursue it. The next time you get in a car, just for once know where you're going to go and how long it's going to take to get there. Make sure whatever it is that your doing will make you smile for once in spite of yourself. For, the next time I climb into my dusty SUV I am going to turn on the car,listen Stufjan Stevens' voice and for once know that I am driving to the next best thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment